Tips and Tricks from a Carpenter Service
Installing laminate at your doorway is a very hard task. For that purpose, it is better to have a professional do the work, but if you want to do it all by yourself, you better read this blog to its very end because you will need the knowledge and skills of a carpenter service. Our experts have prepared this blog for DIY enthusiast, so you need to read and find out how to do it like a pro.
- Before you do any work, you must remove the door frames.
- Then you need to use a marker to mark the position of the doorway onto the next floor board, adding about 7-8mm all the way around the outline to leave in under the frame.
- Once you are done with this procedure, then you can slide the board under the frame until you see it drops down flat.
- Once you see that there is a perfect fit, you can then close the joint up.
- The last part of this process is to use glue on the join, but make sure you use wood glue as it is particularly designed for this purpose.
Although this might seem a simple procedure, it is not. You need to perfectly measure and outline how much space you will need to leave. The problem of not doing that properly is that you don’t leave enough space and have to start all over again because the laminate does not fit, or the other scenario is that you leave too much space and then you are able to see the flooring material or carpets you have in your other room.
If you do one thing wrong, what seems to be an easy project could easily turn into a total disaster. Also, keep in mind that these steps are for 21st century houses. If your house is older, a lot more needs to be done before you even start using this method. You will also need more tools and equipment. Never underestimate your project, no matter how easy it looks.
If you are located in Plainfield, IN and are looking for a carpenter service, make sure you get in touch with Hoosier Carpenter LLC.
You can call us at (317) 837-6655 for more information.